For those of you with fur-babies in-tow, we’ve got you covered.
Sometimes it can be just as difficult to accommodate fluffy friends as little ones, but luckily the region is increasingly dog-friendly, particularly with the abundance of winery dogs that have become familiar faces about the towns. Puppacino lovers, you won’t be alone.
Here are some local favourites for all things great and small…
- Angove, McLaren Vale – winery
- Belora Cottage, McLaren Vale – pet-friendly accommodation
- Dogridge, McLaren Flat – winery
- Goodieson’s, McLaren Vale – brewery
- Harry’s Deli, Wirra Wirra, McLaren Vale – cafe/winery
- Lazy Ballerina, Dingabledinga – cellar door
- McLaren Vale and Fleurieu Visitor Information Centre – cafe, cellar door and direct access to the Shiraz Trail
- Mr Riggs, The General Wine Bar & Kitchen, McLaren Flat – wine bar/kitchen
- Penny’s Hill, McLaren Vale – winery
- The Golden Fleece, Willunga – cafe
- Three Monkeys, Willunga – cafe
Dog-friendly beaches (off-leash at certain times) – O’Sullivans Beach, Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga South, Seaford, Maslin Beach, Aldinga Beach, Sellicks Beach.
Don’t miss Minkarra Dog Park in Flagstaff Hill or Symonds Reserve Dog Park at Aldinga Beach. Symonds Reserve is the most recent dog friendly addition for the region, featuring separate areas for large and small dogs and water fountains for dogs and their owners.