McLaren Vale Wine Region offers a range of pet friendly experiences from cafes to cellar doors and even a brewery.
We love your pets as much as you do and have made exploring the McLaren Vale Wine Region with your beloved pet a little easier. We have sniffed out some great suggestions for you to ensure your pet enjoys their experience just as much as you.
A great way to start the day is a visit to either the Minkarra Dog Park at Flagstaff Hill or Symonds Reserve Dog Park at Aldinga Beach. These off leash parks are a dog pleaser, featuring lots of space to play and refreshing drink fountains. Minkarra is popular for its dog exercise equipment, whilst Symonds Reserve offers separate small and large dog areas. Pet owners are well catered for too with shelter, water fountains, seating and walking paths to enjoy.
- Alpha Box & Dice, McLaren Vale – winery with handmade dog biscuits
- Belora Cottage, McLaren Vale – pet friendly accommodation
- Goodiesons, McLaren Vale – brewery
- Harry’s Deli, Wirra Wirra – café/winery
- Lazy Ballerina, Dingabledinga – cellar door
- Penny’s Hill, McLaren Vale – winery
- S.C. Pannell, McLaren Vale – winery
- The Farm, Willunga – café
- Mr Riggs, The General Wine Bar & Kitchen, McLaren Flat – wine bar/kitchen
- The Golden Fleece, Willunga – café
- The Pampered Pooch, Willunga – grooming salon for pooches
- Three Monkeys, Willunga – café
If your dog is a beach lover, there are dedicated areas along the region’s coastline to enjoy off-leash exercise (but must be leashed to and from the off-leash area). We know how much dogs enjoy playing in the water and making new friends, however it is important that your dog is under effective control at all times. The following beaches offer off-leash sections:
Port Noarlunga South
There is also a range of fantastic recreational trails to explore with your pet on-leash including the Coast to Vines trail, Coast Park trail and Minkarra Park trails. You can even explore the Wetlands Loop trail in the Onkaparinga River Recreation Park, taking in the spectacular views of the river. Discover more trails to enjoy with you fur baby visit onkaparingacity.com
Whether discovering the region for a week or just a couple of days with your beloved pet, we have only just scratched the surface. There are fantastic pet friendly accommodation and activities just waiting to be enjoyed year round.
Have a favourite spot your pet has really enjoyed? Share it on social media using the hashtag #mclarenvaleguide