Nurture your health and wellbeing and find your inner zen in the McLaren Vale Wine Region. Our organic food and produce, yoga studios and day spas will rejuvenate and refresh your mind, body and soul.
While some would argue wining and dining is good for your wellbeing, sometimes you need to stop, relax and take time out from the touring and tasting.
Local resident and massage therapist Leonie Hick says the wellness culture in the region is bursting with life. “There is a great consciousness around health and wellness here – particularly given our food, produce and stunning natural landscapes. For anyone looking for natural therapies or yoga, we’re really spoilt for choice,” she says.
Her massage and health treatment centre, All About Health, is based in the Aldinga Arts-Eco Village – a sustainable housing division created with a holistic living vision in mind. The village is home to yoga studios and artist residences too. Around the corner, Maxwells Grocery serves health-conscious café-fare and offers organic, local groceries. They even stock a soap made from their recycled coffee grounds, made locally by Aldinga business, Soap Inspired. Pick up more health foods, soaps, ethical products and alternative medicines at McLaren Vale Organics.
Some of our favourite places to help you find your zen:
- All About Health – massage, acupuncture, alternative therapies
- Ayurvedic & Remedial Centre – ayurvedic massage and oil treatments
- Belli Bliss and Wellness – body and massage specialists
- DeeVine Yoga Studio
- Eleaner Native Day Spa – botanical body treatments
- Fleurieu Yoga
- Salt Yoga
- Willunga Beaute – facials, pedicures, massage, alternative therapies
The Farm in Willunga have been hand-making their own soaps, lotions, oils and moisturisers from their estate-grown olive oil for 15 years. “People keep coming back for the soaps” says co-owner Robyn Dahl. She says the benefits of olive oil for your skin are unbeatable.
Also in Willunga, Cherie Em offers classes on natural bath bombs and perfumery, as well as selling her own bath products and perfumes in her pretty boutique. Looking for more of a hands-off experience? Visit Willunga Beaute for a facial, or one of the many yoga and massage studios along the strip.
If further pampering and relaxation is in order, indulge in a massage at Belli Bliss and Wellness. Another great option is masseur Russell Smith at Ayurvedic & Remedial Centre, we hear Ben Folds is a regular customer when he’s in town!
Our top tips on where to buy locally-made bath & beauty products
- Cherie Em (Willunga) soaps, bath bombs, moisturiser, perfume
- The Farm (Willunga) soaps, moisturisers, lotions
- Soap Inspired (Aldinga Beach) soaps at Maxwells Grocery (pictured below)
- McLaren Vale and Fleurieu Visitor Information Centre soaps, moisturisers, lotions
- White Soaps (Moana) soaps at Maxwells Grocery
Discovered a great relaxation or wellness experience in the McLaren Vale Wine Region? Share it on social media using the hashtag #mclarenvaleguide